I feel like there is too much chicken these days in my life, or atleast that’s what it may seem like considering the past few recipes I have posted! But this has to be the best grilled chicken recipe I have attempted to cook, without a doubt!!
How its better (than every other recipe tried by me so far :))
– The marinade has the perfect amount of oil which helps in cooking perfectly done, juicy pieces of chicken
– The presence of garlic and other herbs, makes this dish extremely flavourful
– You don’t necessarily need a sauce to accompany this chicken to enjoy it! That also helps save those extra calories (if that’s one of your goals)
– It spent a lot less time in the oven (close to 20 minutes)
Recipe 60: Grilled garlic chicken breast (yeah we seem to be getting on the other side of the hundred:))
What you need:
– 500 gms boneless chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
– 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
– 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
– 1.5 tsp salt (or to taste)
– 1.5-2 tsp black pepper
– 3 tsp freshly chopped parsley
– Basil leaves to garnish
– dried rosemary herbs
How to make it edible:
- Cut 3 slits in each chicken breast to allow marinade to penetrate. In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients (except the basil leaves and chicken). Using your hands, work marinade into chicken. Cover, and refrigerate for atleast 30 minutes (can be stored overnight)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
- Grill the chicken for a little over 20 minutes (or until its done as per your liking)
- Garnish with freshly chopped basil leaves!
You can accompany this dish with a sauce of your choice or mashed potatoes and/or a simple grilled toast.
Time spent in Kitchen: 1 hour (including time taken for marination)
Price range of the total cost of all ingredients: INR 300-400